Aluminium Bronze CA104
Aluminium Bronze BS2874 CA104 offers a high strength. It also has excellent corrosion resistance to sea water and other aggressive environments. This alloy has good wear and abrasive resistance, the ability to withstand shock loading. They are commonly used in manufacturing of valve and fasteners.
• Aluminium is the main alloying metal added to copper in contrast to standard bronze (copper/tin)
• Higher strength and corrosion resistance compared to other bronzes
• Resistance to corrosion in seawater
• Material reacts with atmospheric oxygen to create a tough layer of Aluminium oxide
• Commonly used in the marine sector, oil and petrochemical industries (non sparking environments)
• Used in the manufacture of valves and fasteners