Aluminium Bronze NES833
Aluminium Bronze NES833 DEF-STAN 02-833 is a nickel Aluminium bronze similar to CA104 but manufactured to fulfill the requirements of Defense equipment. A nickel content that exceeds the iron content can improve the general corrosion performance which leading to durability.
Aluminium Bronze NES833 DEF-STAN 02-833 plays a major role in offshore and marine applications manufacturing as it offers a high strength, an excellent corrosion resistance in seawater and other aggressive media and a high wear and abrasion resistance.
• Aluminium is the main alloying metal added to copper in contrast to standard bronze (copper/tin)
• Higher strength and corrosion resistance compared to other bronzes
• Resistance to corrosion in seawater
• Material reacts with atmospheric oxygen to create a tough layer of Aluminium oxide
• Commonly used in the marine sector, oil and petrochemical industries (non sparking environments)
• Used in the manufacture of valves and fasteners